Wheaton’s peer writing tutors work in Wallace Library. (The first door on your left after you enter via the main entrance.)
Drop in on them if you seek advice from experienced student writers.
If you need more specialized support, email one of our writing faculty tutors for an appointment.
Students may enroll in College Writing Workshop (ENG 010) regardless of their major or class year. This is a half-credit workshop course.
Multilingual (ESL) students may enroll in Writing for Multilingual Students, a half-credit workshop course for international students.
Graduate School in Writing Studies
Graduate schools in writing studies (also known as composition and rhetoric) study writing pedagogy, and offer specializations in areas as varied as public persuasion; civic engagement; multi-language learning; writing center tutoring and administration, and science and technical writing. There are over 70 doctoral programs and 170 Master’s Degree programs in this writing studies in the U.S.
- Purdue U’s Online Writing Lab provides current advice for writing in all disciplines.
- Self-Study Quizzes for ESL offers grammar quizzes and crossword puzzles.
- The Norton Field Guide to Writing posts guidelines for composing in a wide range of genres and rhetorical situations; information about APA, MLA, and Chicago Style source use and documentation and writing process tips.
- Writing Spaces hosts downloadable articles about writing-related topics written by teachers for students.
- Help with All Writing UNC Writing Center
- Virtual Salt is a handbook of rhetorical terms.