There are literally thousands of websites devoted to language arts topics, lesson planning and curriculum issues. Below are a few comprehensive sites with links to many more.
- Kathy Schrock’s website provides support for teachers wanting to introduce technology into their classrooms as well as many links to classroom resources.http://www.schrockguide.net/
- The Children’s Literature Web Guide offers a wealth of information about books and how to use them as starting points for learning http://www.ucalgary.ca/~dkbrown/index.html
- Newbery Award Winners offers a complete list of these award-winning books as well as links to other children’s books websites.
- Jan Brett Website: This is a wonderful resource of activities and information for using Brett’s beautiful books.http://www.janbrett.com
- http://www.reading.org This is the International Reading Association (IRA) site and contains a wealth of resources, position papers, and links to current research in the area of English and Language arts.
MA Department of Education regulations for Teacher Licensure change yearly as do education requirements and forms. It is therefore critical that students contact the appropriate Wheaton Education Department faculty advisor to obtain the most up-to-date information and education minor requirements documentation.