General Laboratory Practices
- Never work in the laboratory alone.
- Learn the location and operation of emergency equipment, blankets, and first aid supplies. Know what to do in case of an emergency.
- 3. Be properly prepared to do the experiment. Read the written procedures in advance and understand what you are going to do.
- Observe all instructions given by the instructor, and note all precautions where indicated. Never attempt unauthorized or unassigned experiments. A violation of this rule often leads to unexpected injury
- Act in a responsible manner at all times. No horseplay or fooling should occur in the lab.
- Smoking, eating or drinking in the lab are forbidden.
- At the end of the lab period clean your glassware and lab bench, and put away all equipment. Before leaving the laboratory wash your hands thoroughly.
SAFETY GOGGLES MUST BE WORN IN THE LABORATORY AT ALL TIMES.
IMMEDIATELY REPORT ALL ACCIDENTS OR INJURIES TO YOUR LABORATORY INSTRUCTOR.