Arrival Dates and the Check-In Process
To accommodate new student participation in Fall Orientation and second year student participation in Re-Orientation, the arrival dates are as follows:
New Students: Friday, August 27, 2021
Second-Year Students: Saturday, August 28, 2021 and Sunday, August 29, 2021
All other returning students: Sunday, August 29, 2021 and Monday August 30, 2021
- Students must first start by signing up for a check-in appointment via the Housing Portal. See below on how to make an appointment.
- Students CANNOT sign up for a time unless they are cleared of all holds (SFS, Health Records, Emergency Contacts).
- Find more detail on arrival appointments and accessing the scheduling platform below.
- Anyone arriving after August 30th, should complete the “Late Arrival Form” located in the Housing Portal
Arrival To Campus
- Students will arrive to campus and start in lot 4 so they can navigate to the check-in location in the Balfour-Hood Campus Center. Only the student is allowed through the check-in process. All other persons must stay in their vehicle and/or outside buildings.
- If a student does not have a vehicle, they should still start the process where check-in begins on the pond-entrance side of Balfour-Hood.
- The check-in process begins at the pond-entrance side of Balfour-Hood. Upon entering, students will check-in at the initial starting point and then make their way around the Atrium completing each task, which includes being cleared of all holds, receiving an initial PCR test, and/or gathering information concerning Early Arrival Programs and Orientation.
- If a student needs to see Athletics, SFS, or Health Services to rectify a hold on their account, they will take an alternative route within the process so that they can directly converse with representatives from those areas.
- The check-in process concludes with students having all items checked off and receiving their keys.
- Students are then able to move into the residence halls, and are permitted to have 1-2 people assisting them within their assigned hall, or to assist in picking up packages in the Mail Center. Guests may not enter any other buildings on campus.
ALL FALL STUDENTS, both living on and off campus, are required to schedule an arrival appointment. Arrival dates and times are limited, so please plan your travel arrangements accordingly. This appointment will consist of a COVID-19 test. This test must be taken as part of the Wheaton testing protocol before students will be permitted to move-in, attend classes, or be involved in on-campus functions.
Arrival testing as part of the Wheaton testing protocol is required for all students. Alternative testing taken off campus will not replace an on-campus test. Unfortunately due to current safety guidelines, there is no flexibility in this procedure.
Accessing the Scheduling Platform
All students will access the scheduling form through the Housing Portal (including off-campus and commuter students). Once in the Housing Portal, click on the “Fall Check-In” form on the top of the page and follow the prompts. It is best to open this process on the Google Chrome browser.
*ONLY your initial COVID test is scheduled through this system. Subsequent tests will be scheduled through the CoVerfied App. We recommend that you download that app and schedule your weekly tests in advance so you can get the timeslot that works best for you.
Eligibility and Alert Messages
Once you are in the form, the dates showing are those available to you and correspond to the days you are approved to return to campus. If you have any technical issues or questions with access, please contact Lyndsey Aguilar. You can also try to clear your browser’s cookies, cache, and history, as well as use the Google Chrome browser to troubleshoot your access.
Additionally, you will receive an alert message if there are any issues with:
- Submissions of all required health paperwork and COVID-19 vaccine information. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A balance due on your Student Account and have no financial holds. Please check your account in Campus Commerce, or contact email@example.com with questions.
- Having not submitted your Emergency Contact Information. Those who have not supplied this information would have received an email with the subject: “ACTION REQUIRED – Submission of Emergency Contact Information”.
Please know that it could take up 2-3 business days to gain access to the appointment software once an eligibility issue has been addressed.
Early Arrival (prior to August 27, 2021)
If you are approved for an Early Arrival, the dates that you are eligible to return will be available when you access the appointment scheduling system.
New students who have registered to participate in an Early Arrival Program will arrive on August 23, 2021 (International Program) or August 25, 2021 (all other program tracks).
Student leaders and fall student athletes (including new student athletes) who have training commitments will have access to schedule an arrival on a date set by their program. Those names have been shared with Residential Life, so no action is required on your part. Please communicate with your supervisor, coach, or program lead for more information or if you have questions.
*All early arrivals will move into their Fall room assignment.
Late Arrival (after August 30, 2021)
Anyone arriving after August 30th, should complete the “Late Arrival Form” located in the Housing Portal
Access to Scheduling Platform – firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Arrival Program – email@example.com
International Students – firstname.lastname@example.org
Emergency Contact/Missing Student Information – email@example.com
Health Information/Vaccinations – firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Account Questions – email@example.com
Student Leader/Athlete Arrival – supervisor, coach or program lead