LATEST UPDATE: May 13 Next Steps on Campus COVID-19 Protocols
The COVID-19 Task Force is charged with developing policy, protocol, and procedures for preparing the college for an on-campus educational experience while implementing measures to mitigate against the spread of COVID, in line with public health guidance and recommendations provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health. As the guidance and developments of COVID-19 evolve, the Task Force will continue to keep the community updated on its impact, changes to operations and procedures, and on-campus testing at Wheaton.
Mitigating the Risk of Infection
Policies in regards to vaccinations, guidance on use of masks, and building cleaning and disinfection.
Screening, Testing & Contact Tracing
Information and protocols on testing, symptom monitoring, testing results, contact tracing, and quarantine procedures.
Travel & Visitors
Guidance and restrictions for student and employee travel as well as general protocols for visitors to campus.
Information on class structure, changes to the academic calendar and protocols for advising and other academic-related experiences.
Housing, Residential Life & Dining
Information on student housing impact, student support services and changes to the dining experience.
Clubs & Campus Events
Guidance and restrictions for activities and events related to clubs, organizations, departments and all programming, including the limitation of campus visits.
Compliance and Community Commitment
All community members are expected to abide by these health and safety policies, protocols, and expectations to support a safe and healthy campus environment and to assume personal responsibility for keeping themselves and others as safe as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic. The responsibility for the safety of our community lies with all of us. Community members are able to submit non-emergency concerns by using the Student and/or Community Concern Report.
Community members who fail to comply with the college’s COVID-19 expectations and policies will be reviewed through the appropriate college process. Concerns of students not adhering to these safety protocols will result in the college’s Community Standards and Student Conduct Process, managed by the Dean of Students Office.
Given the increased focus on the health and safety of our community, violations of the Community Standards, specific to COVID-19-related policies will result in elevated disciplinary measures. As a reminder, Wheaton’s jurisdiction extends to behaviors both on and off-campus.
- Major violations, including but not limited to, large social gatherings exceeding the occupancy levels of the space are prohibited and will result in student conduct review with sanctions up to and including loss of housing and/or restrictions from campus.
- More minor violations, such as continued non-compliance with face covering, physical distancing, and other safety measures, will likely result in student conduct review.
Students who are removed from housing, lose on-campus access, or are suspended from the college as part of the Student Conduct Process will not be refunded any portion of their tuition, room and board, or other fees.
Contacts and Resources
- COVID-19 campus mitigation strategies, policies, and protocols: deanofstudents@wheatoncollege.
- Housing and the arrival and check-in process: email@example.com
- COVID-19 on-campus Testing: covidtesting@wheatoncollege.
- COVID-19 Task Force
- Additional Resources:
The COVID-19 Campus Task Force welcomes comments and suggestions from the community regarding the current policies, protocols, and expectations on campus via our Feedback Form.
Return to Campus Past Communications
- April 27, 2022: Update on Extended Indoor Mask Requirement
- April 12, 2022: Update on Indoor Mask Requirement
- March 31, 2022: Campus Communication on COVID-19 Protocols
- February 25, 2022: COVID-19 Protocols Update
- February 11, 2022: Update on COVID-19 Protocols
- January 21, 2022: Updates on Spring 2022 Protocols
- January 20, 2022: Wheaton Booster Clinic on January 27
- January 7, 2022: COVID-19 Protocols for Spring 2022
- December 16, 2021: COVID-19 Booster Clinic On Campus
- December 14, 2021: Update on COVID-19 Booster Requirement
- December 2, 2021: Update on COVID Cases and Policy Changes
- November 28, 2021: Reminders on Alert Level, Testing and Policies
- November 17, 2021: Update on COVID Alert Level Change
- November 8, 2021: Policy Reminders for Thanksgiving Break
- October 5, 2021: Policy Reminders for October Break
- August 30, 2021: Overview of Fall COVID-Related Policies and Procedures
- August 30, 2021: Announcement on NEWMAC Fall Sports
- August 19, 2021: Community Update from President Hanno
- August 13, 2021: Reminder on Testing Center, Symptom Screening, and Vaccinations
- August 2, 2021: Update on Fall 2021 Return to Campus Protocols
- July 23, 2021: Update on Employee Vaccination Requirement
- July 21, 2021: Community Update from President Hanno
- July 15, 2021: Reminder on Vaccination Requirements
- July 1, 2021: Update on Summer Protocols and Return to Campus
- May 27, 2021: Update on Summer 2021 COVID-19 Policies
- April 30, 2021: Update on Fall 2021 Return to Campus Plans
- April 29, 2021: Update on Wheaton Vaccination Clinic
- April 16, 2021: Community Update from President Hanno
- April 15, 2021: Update on Vaccinations and COVID-19 Policy Reminders
- March 28, 2021: Update on COVID-19 Campus Alert Level
- March 26, 2021: COVID-19 Campus Update and Saturday Testing Availability
- March 24, 2021: Update on Massachusetts Travel Guidance
- March 19, 2021: Community Update from President Hanno
- March 16, 2021: Update on Campus Policy Modifications
- March 1, 2021: Announcement on Spring Sports
- February 22, 2021: Campus Events and Indoor Dining Update
- February 12, 2021: Reminder on COVID-19 Policies
- February 12, 2021: Announcement on CoVerified Student Raffle
- February 2, 2021: Welcome Back Update from Dean Zack Irish
- January 22, 2021: Spring Arrival Informational Video
- January 15, 2021: Community Update from President Hanno
- January 13, 2021: Updates on Academic Planning for Spring 2021
- January 12, 2021: Arrival Information for Spring 2021
- December 4, 2020: Update Looking Ahead to Spring 2021
- November 2, 2020: Announcement on Winter Sports
- November 12, 2020: Update on Campus Operations
- November 5, 2020: Update on Move to Remote Learning and New Campus Restrictions
- November 4, 2020: Update on New Massachusetts COVID-19 Restrictions
- October 9, 2020: Overview of Contact Tracing Protocols
- October 6, 2020: Update on Academic Calendar and Planning for Spring 2021 Semester
- October 28, 2020: Update on Testing Compliance
- September 30, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- September 4, 2020: Update on Student Experience Policies
- August 28, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- August 28, 2020: Update on CoVerified App
- August 21, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- August 14, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- August 14, 2020: Update on Fall 2020 Arrival
- August 13, 2020: Community Commitment from Student Government Association
- August 11, 2020: Fall 2020 Community Q&A Webinar Recording
- August 7, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- July 31, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- July 31, 2020: Update on Onboarding Testing and Move-In
- July 29, 2020: Return to Campus Q&A Webinar Recording
- July 28, 2020: Update on Massachusetts Travel Guidance
- July 24, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- July 17, 2020: Community Update from President Hanno
- July 16, 2020: Fall Sports Announcement from Athletics
- July 1, 2020: Update on Fall 2020 COVID-Conscious Residential Model
- June 30, 2020: Update on Fall Return to Campus