On this page
Events, Clubs and Organizations, and Athletics
As all state COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted in Massachusetts as of May 29, 2021, Wheaton College will abide by the following guidelines until August 8, 2021:
- The gathering limit has been rescinded and all capacity limits will be dictated by fire code and pre-pandemic venue capacity.
- Masks will be required at all events, both indoors and outdoors. Masks may be removed while eating or drinking at events, regardless of your vaccination status.
- All events, whether grab-and-go, virtual and/or in-person, must be submitted through the 25Live online scheduling system for approval through Conference & Event Services. Events can be publicized via the campus events calendar and Engage and the event will be listed on the availability grid within 25Live.
Virtual meetings and events are still encouraged throughout the summer, but Wheaton community members may host in-person, pre-approved gatherings while adhering to all other college safety protocols.
- Based upon recent state guidance, capacity limits for gatherings will be lifted. We will continue to adhere to any changes in state public health guidance in place at the start of the fall semester.
- We expect clubs and organizations to be able to host in-person meetings and events, subject to any specific guidance at that time on crowd size, masking, social distancing, or other related protocols.
- Current plans anticipate a return to a full schedule for our various athletic and campus recreation programs, subject to state, federal and NCAA guidelines in place at that time.
Grab-and-go events will continue to be allowed on campus with the following guidelines:
- Grab-and-go events are classified as the following:
- Opportunity for students, staff and faculty to participate in a pick-up-and-go activity.
- Event attendees will check in at an approved area on campus, pick up necessary supplies and return to their campus residence and/or office space to participate in the activity.
- Attendees will be expected to adhere to all college policies and protocols currently in place (i.e. social distancing, wearing masks, complete testing/screening protocols, etc).
Pappas Fitness Center
Visitors include vendors, contractors, family members or friends of a student or employee, prospective students and their families, alumni, and guest speakers.
Only Wheaton Community Members and tour participants guided by Admission and Athletics are permitted to enter campus buildings. Students and employees may host non-Wheaton guests, but they must remain outdoors. External vendors conducting work on campus may enter buildings as necessary after prior approval but must follow all college COVID-19 protocols. Visitors will be restricted unless they have prior approval from:
- Vice President for Finance and Administration for any contractors or vendors
- Vice President for Enrollment and/or Director of Athletics for prospective students and families
- Associate Vice President for Human Resources for any interviewees
- Provost for any guest lecturers or speakers
Admission tours will be limited in the number of registrants. All visitors to campus are expected to comply with college safety guidelines, including face coverings, symptom checks and social distancing.