At Wheaton, we provide a transformative liberal arts education for intellectually curious students in a collaborative, academically vibrant residential community that values a diverse world. As we work to ensure the safety of our community and make temporary adjustments to our campus and approach in the current pandemic, we must make certain that our modes of instruction honor these commitments.
Our approach will:
- Follow and operate within CDC and state safety precautions and protocols
- Prioritize student experience and success
- Leverage our strengths in teaching and mentorship
- Be accessible to all of our students
- Provide clarity for both faculty and students
- Be flexible to respond to an evolving landscape and the needs of our students
- Be logistically and financially feasible at Wheaton
- Summer Session is being offered remotely this year due to the ongoing global impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Our fall semester will focus on face-to-face, in-person classes and academic experiences.
- Students will have to be on campus to participate in their academic studies as we do not anticipate continuing the hybrid tutorial teaching model.
- For students who may not be able to make it to campus due to travel or health-related reasons, the college will help explore alternative academic arrangements. Students who do not feel that they can return to an in-person campus experience for the Fall 2021 semester should contact the Dean of Advising Steve Viveiros at email@example.com by July 16 for a consultation on what options are available.
- No changes are anticipated to the published 2021-2022 academic calendar.