Employee COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Information and Resources
Wheaton is requiring all students, except for those with limited medical and religious exemptions, to be fully vaccinated, including a booster shot, by February 1, 2022 or within 30 days of becoming eligible for a booster. We have continued to carefully consider the evolving local and state public health guidance and monitor the changing conditions of the pandemic. Based on this, and since our top priority continues to be ensuring the health and safety of all members of the Wheaton community, we have decided to establish a policy and extend this vaccination requirement to all employees.
As a condition of continued employment, the College requires that all employees and volunteers be Fully Vaccinated with an Approved COVID-19 Vaccine and, effective February 1, 2022, receive a booster shot within 30 days of becoming eligible. All employees and volunteers must submit proof of such unless they request, and the College approves, a medical or religious exemption.
In order to confirm and submit your updated COVID-19 vaccination and booster information, employees must complete the following steps:
Step 1: Confirm that you have received your booster and the date of your booster
- Log into insideWheaton with your wID and password
- Under the “WINDOW” subheading on the left, select “Personal Information” -> “Employee COVID-19 Vaccine”
- If you are an existing employee and have already previously submitted your COVID-19 vaccination information, you will see that information including the vaccine type and date of your last vaccine when you log into the system
- If you are a new employee and you are providing this information for the first time, you may enter your COVID-19 vaccine information now
- To confirm that you have received your COVID-19 booster, click on the box that reads: “COVID-19 Booster Vaccine”
- Enter the date of your COVID-19 booster
- Complete the form and click the “Submit” button
Step 2: Upload a new photo of your updated vaccination card
- Using your smartphone or tablet, take a photo of the front of your vaccination card
- Visit the Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination Upload Form
- Log in to the site using your wID and password
- Select the “Browse” button and select the photo you just took of your vaccination card
- Click the “Upload” button. Note: It can take a few seconds for your photo file to upload; please wait until you receive a confirmation notice on the website that your file has been uploaded
Requesting an Exemption to the Vaccination Mandate
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and submit proof of vaccination unless they request, and the college approves, a medical or religious exemption.
An employee who cannot receive an approved COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition may request an exemption and necessary reasonable accommodations by completing the required forms and submitting required documentation to the Office of Human Resources. Additionally, individuals may request an exemption and necessary reasonable accommodations in connection with a sincerely held religious belief.
All requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis. The college is not required to waive essential functions of an employee’s position. Further, accommodation requests that result in an undue hardship to the college or are not otherwise legally required may not be approved.
Additional Information and Resources
If you should have any questions about the vaccine requirement for employees or the process to submit necessary information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org