Through the rehire process, departments and current student employees have the opportunity to confirm employment for the next fall.
Rehire Policy and Procedures
- Hiring preference for working on campus is given to Federal Work Study (FWS) and Wheaton International Work Study (WIWS) students. These students have been offered the opportunity to work on campus as part of their financial assistance awards. The college has a primary obligation to ensure that positions are available for all FWS and WIWS students who wish to utilize this part of their work awards.
- Before rehiring students, department supervisors should check with your department’s budget manager to determine the funds (both FWS and Wheaton Work) available for hiring student employees for the coming year.
- Departments may rehire FWS, WIWS and WW students into current jobs, or may promote current students to existing jobs within the department. The Request for Hire/Work Authorization Forms (RWAF) should be completed for all students.
- If your department wishes to create a new position, you may complete a Job Classification Form (pdf) and submit it to the Student Financial Services for evaluation. The Associate Director for Student Employment will classify, rate, and set up the new position on the BANNER system. The supervisor will be notified when the position has been registered. New and upgraded positions must be approved by the appropriate department/division heads.
- All rehired students who have been authorized to work by the Student Employment Office may begin working on the first day of the academic year.