Once I find a job, which forms do I need to fill out in order to get paid?

You will have to complete the I-9, W-4, Direct Deposit forms, and the Request for Work Authorization (RWAF) (pdf). The RWAF you will obtain from your employer; the other forms can be printed online or obtained from Student Financial Services (I-9, Federal W-4, and State M-4) or Payroll (Direct Deposit). Each Wheaton student performing work on campus must complete the Student Employment Request for Hire/Work Authorization Form for each job s/he holds. The RWAF ensures that you will be paid for hours worked. It should be submitted to SFS before the you begin to work.

I have never worked on campus before; do I need to fill out any forms?

Yes, there are a few forms that you will need to fill out. If this will be your first job on campus, you must bring the completed, signed Request for Work Authorization (RWAF) (pdf) and acceptable IDs for verifying eligibility to work in the U.S. to Student Financial Services within three (3) days of hire. There you can fill out your I-9, W-4, and M-4 forms, and also pick up your Direct Deposit form (which should be returned to the Payroll department on the second floor of Park Hall).

To complete the forms students must present the following documents to Student Financial Services. Original copies are required. Photocopies will not be accepted, so please remember to bring the original documents with you when you come to campus!  The following are examples of documents you can use.  The full list of documents can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-9 . Please note that you must complete the entire form in our office with our staff.

One item from this list:

  • U.S. Passport (current)
  • Certificate of U.S. Citizenship
  • Certificate of U.S. Naturalization
  • Alien registration card with photo

A combination of one document from each of the following lists:

  • State issued driver’s license
  • State issued ID card with photo, name, sex, and date of birth
  • U.S. Military card


  • ORIGINAL social security card
  • Certified birth certificate (original) issued by state, county or municipal authority
  • Current INS employment authorization form