Technology Support is here to inform you about which computer you should bring to campus, and to help with any questions you may have about computing and technology at Wheaton College. This document also contains a link to instructions to create your official Wheaton College account.
Create your official Wheaton College account
We have created instructions to assist you with this process. You can find the instructions at: https://wheatoncollege.edu/technology/started/wheaton-college-account/.
Computing @ Wheaton
As a Wheaton College student, you can expect to routinely use computers as you carry out your studies. Wheaton strongly recommends every student have a notebook computer. Owning a notebook computer ensures you will have convenient access to technology, the software applications you need to be productive, and support when you need it.
We have partnered with Dell Computer to create an attractive discount package for you. The notebook listed on Dell’s site meets all Wheaton College’s requirements. For information about this package please visit the Computer Sales Website and click on the “Dell’s Site” link. Financing options are also available; please contact the vendor for details
If you prefer an Apple computer, please visit the Computer Sales Website and click on the “Apple’s Sales Site link”. Once on the Apple Site you should click on the “Recommended Systems” in the right-hand column to get to the Wheaton recommended systems. Apple educational pricing and financing options are also available; please contact the vendor for details.
If you will not be choosing either one of these computers, the computer you bring to campus should meet these minimum standards:
* 2.00 GHz Dual Core or higher
* 4GB of memory
* 10/100 Network Card
* 250GB Hard Drive
* 4GB USB Portable Storage Drive
* It is recommended that a 4 year warranty be purchased as well
– Windows 7 or Mac Operating System 10.9x
– Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel/Powerpoint)
– Active and up-to-date antivirus software
For more information about Wheaton’s Hardware and Software Standards please visit the Computer Sales Website.
If you do not purchase the recommended Dell notebook, please be sure your computer has antivirus and malware protection installed on it. This will ensure your protection against viruses and malware when you are connecting to any internet service provider (ISP) or any other network. Once you are registered on our network on campus, you may install any of our standard software, antivirus, and malware software from our software server free of charge.
Students are now entitled to 1 free downloadable copy of Windows 10 and a Microsoft Office 365 account, which allows you to install Office on up to 5 devices (including desktop and mobile versions, PC, Apple, and Android).
How to get Windows 10:
- Go to https://wheatonma.onthehub.com
- Log in using your Wheaton ID and Email password
- Click on the “Microsoft” tab, if it doesn’t default to that tab.
- Click on Windows 10, and then click “Add to Cart” (remember you only get one copy)
- Click the option to “Checkout”, and then agree to the terms by entering your Wheaton ID with @wheatonma.edu on the end of it like this firstname.lastname@example.org and typing your name, then click “Accept”
- Verify that your name and fully qualified email address are correct
- The Order Receipt page will include the Product Key you will need to activate your Windows 10 product, please print this screen or email it to yourself. Without this Product Key your installation of Windows 10 will not activate, and we are unable to retrieve the code for you.
How to get Microsoft Office 365:
- Contact IT Support Services to arrange for a Microsoft account. Call or email:
- Email Support@WheatonCollege.edu. Include your w-ID, Class Year, and your Wheaton email address.
- Or call 508.286.3900 during business hours.
- IT Support Services will submit the information to Microsoft.
- Within 72 hours Microsoft will send you an email with directions on how to install Office on up to 5 devices. Be alert for email from Microsoft.
- If you have a problem with the installations please bring your computer or device to IT Support Services. Our staff will work with you to install MS Office.
Students may use the college licenses as long as they are actively enrolled as a student of the college. When you graduate, or if you separate from the college it is your responsibility to remove the Microsoft Office 365 program from your personal computer.
Email Address Information
Your Wheaton email address is in the following format: “Lastname_Firstname@wheatoncollege.edu”. For more information please visit: https://wheatoncollege.edu/technology/started/Email.html.
We look forward to assisting you with your computer and technology needs. Should you have any questions that are not answered here or on our web site, please feel free to contact the Technology Support Center (508)-286-3900 or email us at email@example.com or visit us in the Wallace Library anytime Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.