Faculty, students and staff can access their current online course sites by logging into onCourse, the college’s learning management system. The brief navigation menu to the left (scroll down the page) highlights a few of the most essential onCourse resources, including an onCourse FAQ covering some of the most common questions about using the system. Much more comprehensive and detailed help documentation is also provided within onCourse.
Scroll down this page to see the contact information for onCourse support staff.
Firefox or Chrome are suggested, and Safari also works well. Keeping your browser up to date is one of the easiest ways of ensuring that you’ll have the capability of using all the available features in onCourse.
Logging in to onCourse
There are a few ways to access onCourse:
- If you log into InsideWheaton you’ll find a link to onCourse under “Services”
- Click this link to access the login page
Log in with your Wheaton w# and email password. You should see a list of “My courses” once you’re logged in. If your enrolled courses are not visible:
- Students: Check with the professors for each of your courses to confirm that they have opened their course sites
- Faculty and staff: Contact the onCourse support staff
- Enrollments are produced by the Banner student information system. When students select classes in April or November, they are enrolled in those courses unless wait-listed
- If students enroll in a class during drop/add week, they need to present a gray card to the Registrar’s Office or make the change online in InsideWheaton before they are officially enrolled
- The only time a student may need to be manually enrolled is if s/he is auditing a course. Those students enrollments can be done by the faculty member
You’ll find several course settings in the Course Administration block on the left side of your main course page. You can choose:
- Whether your course is available for the enrolled students to access and view (all new courses are initially unavailable by default)
- To access the student enrollment list for your course
- How to format your main course page (topic or weekly)
- Whether your course displays grades to students (hidden by default)
Anytime you make a change to one of these settings you should scroll down the settings page and save the change by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
onCourse Support Contact Information