This site provides some help documentation for onCourse, the college’s online course system. The most essential onCourse tools and features needed to start teaching with the system are concisely summarized in this printable document. The navigation menu to the left (scroll down the page) lists several tools for creating learning activities and assessments in onCourse, and the onCourse FAQ covers some technical issues commonly encountered by users. Additional documentation for instructors created by the Moodle open source community is available here.
Scroll down the page to see the contact information for onCourse support staff.
Does your browser selection matter?
Firefox or Chrome are suggested, and Safari also works well. Keeping your browser up to date is one of the easiest ways of ensuring that you’ll have the capability of using all the available features in onCourse.
Logging in to onCourse
There are a few ways to access onCourse:
- If you log into InsideWheaton you’ll find a link to onCourse under “Services”
- Click this link to access the login page
Log in with your Wheaton ID# and email password. You should see a list of “My courses” once you’re logged in.
- Enrollments are produced by the Banner Student Information System. When students select classes in April or November, they are enrolled in those courses unless wait-listed.
- If students enroll in a class during drop/add week, they need to present a gray card to the Registrar’s Office or make the change online in InsideWheaton before they are officially enrolled.
- The only time a student may need to be manually enrolled is if s/he is auditing a course. Those students enrollments are done manually or can be done by the faculty member.
You’ll find several course settings in the Course Administration block on the left side of your main course page. Course settings are where you can choose-
- Whether your course is available for students to access and view (all new courses are unavailable by default)
- How you format your front page (topic or weekly) and how many topics or weeks
- If you display grades to students (off by default)
- Whether groups are enabled in your course (no groups by default
Anytime you make a change to one of these settings you must save those changes by clicking the button at the bottom of the page.
onCourse Support Contact Information