There are two options for installing the software:
- Minitab Installation instructions (Windows only)
- Minitab Express Installation Instructions (Windows OR Mac)
Minitab Installation Instructions (Windows Only)
These instructions are for Windows only. Minitab is installed in many public computing spaces, including the Library, for your convenience.
Please follow these instructions very carefully. If you miss a step, Minitab will not install properly on your computer.
- Please make sure you are connected to the campus network when following the steps outlined below, via a wireless or a wired connection. If you are off-campus, you can use VPN.
Step 1: Downloading the software kit
- Single right mouse click on My Computer and select Map Network Drive
- For the drive letter select S:
- For the folder enter \\netspace.wheatonma.edu\shared\software
NOTE: Make sure the slashes are going in this direction \\ and NOT this direction //
- Check the box for Connect using different credentials
- Click Finish.
- A dialog box will pop up. In the User Name field, enter WC\wXXXXXXXX (replacing wXXXXXXXX with your Wheaton w ID)
NOTE: Make sure the slash is going in this direction and NOT this direction /
- In the Password field, enter your email password
- Select OK then Finish.
- Restart your computer and you will have access to the software server.
Step 2: Installing the software
- Go to drive S, the software server, and open the software folder. (The same place where you requested the download.)
- Open the Minitab_17_Windows folder
- Drag minitab126.96.36.199.exe to your desktop
- Double-click the minitab188.8.131.52.exe icon on your desktop to launch the Minitab installer.
- Choose Next
- Accept the terms and click Next
- When prompted for Minitab License Manager Information, please type in the following:
License Server: fls.wheatonma.edu
Port number: 7551 (first check the box next to port number)
- Click Next, Install then Finish, to complete the installation process.
- You can now delete the minitab184.108.40.206.exe icon from your desktop, and remove any old versions of Minitab. To do that, go to the Start menu and then the Control Panel. Choose Uninstall a program.
Step 3: Using Minitab
- You must always be connected to the network when using Minitab. Minitab will not work without a network connection because it issues a license for you to use over the network.
- If you are off-campus, you must connect via the Virtual Private Network before launching Minitab.
If you have problems with installing Minitab, please email email@example.com with details about your installation problem.
Minitab Express Installation Instructions (Windows or Mac)
Note: Always exit from the program so others can use the software.