Wheaton supports the Microsoft Office Suite and a variety of other software applications.
Some applications are available for free download. Please contact Tech Support for more information.
You are now entitled to 1 free downloadable copy of Windows 10 and a Microsoft Office 365 account, which allows you to install Office on up to 5 devices (including desktop and mobile versions, PC, Apple, and Android).
How to get Windows 10
- Go to https://wheatonma.onthehub.com
- Log in using your Wheaton ID and Email password
- Click on the “Microsoft” tab, if it doesn’t default to that tab.
- Click on Windows 10, and then click “Add to Cart” (remember you only get one copy)
- Click the option to “Checkout”, and then agree to the terms by entering your Wheaton ID with @wheatonma.edu on the end of it like this email@example.com and typing your name, then click “Accept”
- Verify that your name and fully qualified email address are correct
- The Order Receipt page will include the Download option and Product Key you will need to activate your product. Please print this screen or email it to yourself to save your Product Key, without this Product Key your installation will not activate, and we will not be able to retrieve the Product Key for you. This Product Key will be required when you install the software
How to get Microsoft Office 365
- Contact IT Support Services to arrange for a Microsoft account. Call or email:
- Email Support@WheatonCollege.edu. Include your w-ID, Class Year, and your Wheaton email address.
- Or call 508.286.3900 during business hours.
- IT Support Services will submit the information to Microsoft.
- Within 72 hours Microsoft will send you an email with directions on how to install Office on up to 5 devices. Be alert for email from Microsoft.
- If you have a problem with the installations please bring your computer or device to IT Support Services. Our staff will work with you to install MS Office.
Students may use the college licenses for Office 365 as long as they are actively enrolled as a student of the college. When you graduate, or if you separate from the college it is your responsibility to remove the Microsoft Office 365 program from your personal computer.
Faculty & Staff
Wheaton’s Microsoft Annual Campus Agreement (expires June 2020) allows faculty & staff to purchase “use” of and not “own” this software for home use as long as you are an employee of the college, or while the Campus Agreement is valid. If you end your association with Wheaton College for any reason, or if the college chooses not to renew the portion of the Microsoft Annual Campus Agreement that covers your installation, you will be required to remove the installed applications from your computer.
To make a purchase for a Mac or Windows Computer
- Go to https://wheatonma.onthehub.com/ and log in with your Wheaton ID and email password
- You will be directed to the Wheaton College store front where you will be able to make your purchase(s)
- Once you’re done shopping, click the option “Checkout”
- Agree to the terms by entering your Wheaton ID with @wheatonma.edu on the end of it like this firstname.lastname@example.org and typing your name, then click “Accept”
- Enter your billing information and choose “Bill to this Address”
- Verify that your name and fully qualified email address are correct under “Contact Information”, and then enter your payment info
- Verify your information again and choose “Proceed With Order”
- The Order Receipt page will include the Download option(s) and Product Key(s) you will need to activate your product(s). Please print this screen or email it to yourself to save your Product Key(s), without these Product Key(s) your installation will not activate, and we will not be able to retrieve the Product Keys for you. These Product Key(s) will be required when you install the software
Once you log into the third party site any issues or questions you may have should be directed to the vendor.
If you have any questions regarding the agreement you can email email@example.com
The following products are available for you to purchase at an educational discount:
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus (PC)
- Microsoft Office 2016 Home and Business (MAC)
- Microsoft Office 2013 (PC)
- Microsoft Office 2011 (MAC)
- Microsoft Office 2010 (PC)