Technology Services Overview
On this page
- File Services on NetSpace
- Printing to Public Printers
- Buying and Maintaining a Computer
- Getting Software
- Connecting to the Campus Network
- Other Web and Mobile Services
Every employee and student is assigned an email address to which all official communication is sent. Our supported email management program is Thunderbird, and you can also access your email through your web browser
- More information about Email at Wheaton
- Access Your Email via the Web
- Sharing confidential information online
- Email Fraud… Knowledge is Power!
- Change or reset your password
- Subscribe to a Mailing List
- Email Policy
- Email Retention Policy
File Services on NetSpace
Everyone on campus has personal file storage that is accessible from any networked computer on campus. It’s called File Services on NetSpace and you can use it to store and transfer large files and distribute them to a large number of people without resorting to email attachments.
Read more about Connecting to File Services on NetSpace.
Printing to Public Printers
See Printing Options for Students to learn about 3 options for printing.
See Printing Options for Staff for instructions for printing from college-owned computers on the domain (staff and faculty)
Need to report an issue or order supplies for a Xerox MFP, give Office and Campus Mail Services a call at extension 3836.
For more information, See FAQs and Tutorials.
Buying and Maintaining a Computer
Check out our preferred vendors and sales information. You can also find information about our minimum requirements for the computer you should bring to campus. Visit this site for Do It Yourself assistance for maintaining your computer and other helpful information. Another area of support is our Technology FAQ section!
Under the college’s current Microsoft Agreement, the standard office productivity suite is available to everyone on campus through a site license. Other software is also available for free download. See the Software Sales Policy.
Connecting to the Campus Network
- For both wired and wireless connections see Connecting Your Computer and other devices to the Network
- Off-Campus Network Access Instructions for accessing restricted services (e.g. library databases) from off-campus.
- Learn more about Wheaton’s policies and procedures about illegal file sharing.We also provide instructions on how to remove file sharing programs from your computer
- Learn what you can and cannot do with the campus network. See Acceptable Use Network Policy .
- Mobile Apps Policies
- Need help with using your Wheaton telephone, call ext. 3900 for help
Other Web and Mobile Services
- Our portal:
insideWheaton is the place to read the latest news and announcements, register for classes, and find human resources services all via a single login.
- Online Training
All students, faculty, and staff now have access to Hoonuit for online training.
- Stay connected to Wheaton!
Check out our mobile app Wheaton College Mobile!
- Online courses:
Wheaton onCourse is the central system for online aspects of courses taught at Wheaton — for everything from posted syllabi to collaborative databases. See onCourse Support & Help Documentation for more information.
- iPad Loan Pool:
iPads for faculty course instruction and teaching initiatives. See Shared iPad Pool.
- Campus Scheduling System:
Google Calendar, Book meetings through the web from your computer.
- Our administrative system:
Banner and WebFocus