Individual Research courses are typically taken as year-long courses in the senior year and involve the production of a senior thesis or other advanced work to qualify the student for departmental honors.  These courses are numbered 500.  The instructor’s signature is required on a course exception form at the time of registration.  You are responsible for adding both semesters of your Individual Research before the end of the published registration period each semester.