Norton Residential Guidelines
All trash should be bagged. For your convenience, customers are provided with a 90 gallon trash toter which holds 3 to 5 bags of trash. In addition, we will take 4 extra bags of waste.
You may place up to one bulky item each week at curbside. For example, if you have a couch or a chair that are beyond repair, place one out one week, and the other the following week. Bulky waste consists of a sofa, mattresses, chairs, small tables, etc. It does not include metal objects, such as appliances, bikes, lawn mowers, etc.
The Norton Tire Center at 117 West Main Street offers a tire drop off service during regular business hours (no rims, please).
Waste Oil, Filters and Antifreeze
With the aid of a grant from MA DEP, a facility to receive these wastes is now open at the Highway Department on the last Saturday of the month between 1:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. There is no charge for this service; however, residents must register to participate.*
Large appliances will be collected for recycling every Tuesday by appointment only. You must call 800-972-4545 to schedule an appointment. A nominal charge applies and must be prepaid using a credit card or check over the phone.
Yard waste may be brought to the Hill Street landfill site on Saturdays. Note split season: mid-April to mid-June and mid-September to mid-November. Hours of operation are 9:00 am to noon only. Only leaves and grass will be accepted. No branches or brush.*
- Set your recyclables out at the curb, every other week on your regular trash day (see calendar for your day.
- Place glass, plastic, aluminum and metal cans in your bin. You don’t need to sort these items (clear, brown or green bottles and jar, plastic containers #1-#7, aluminum, tin, bi-metal cans)
- Place newspapers and magazines on top of or beside your bin, or in another bin. Items must be tied with string or in a paper bag.
*Subject to change. This service is not run by the offices of Waste Management.
- Billing Inquiries: (800) 972-4545
- Missed Collections: (800) 972-4545