Environmental Health and Safety at Wheaton College is managed as a function of the Business Services office. Business Services works to establish programs, processes and policies to meet regulatory compliance requirements and promote safety awareness. This is accomplished through collaboration with department coordinators who then ensure departmental compliance with the safety of day to day operations.
In addition, the vice president of business services and physical plant is a member of the Safety Committee and through this collaborative process, this individual promotes safety, training, policy formulation, information dissemination, and advises the president, vice president of finance and operations and President’s Council on all matters of health, safety and risk exposure.
The employee is empowered to be responsible for his or her own safety and to correctly follow safety procedures.
A variety of training programs, policies, practices and helpful safety information are provided for your reference.
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plan (pdf)
- Chemical Hygiene (pdf)
- Confined Space Entry Program (pdf)
- Contractor Safety Guide (pdf)
- Contractor Terms and Conditions (pdf)
- Hazard Communication Program (pdf)
- Personal Protective Equipment Program (pdf)
- Space Heater Policy (pdf)
- Lab or Studio Accident Report (Excel)