DEAL was established at Wheaton College in Fall 2018. It is an umbrella entity that strives to create opportunities for innovative diversity work to flourish by fostering and coordinating leadership efforts across campus to ensure that Wheaton consistently provides a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible learning community.
DEAL is charged by President’s Council with overseeing diversity and inclusion campus work to ensure that Wheaton is making progress on the campus’ Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Plan across the board.
DEAL has five main purposes as a campus entity that include:
- To support the entire campus in having greater ownership and engagement in diversity, equity, and inclusion work.
- To provide a committee structure for coordinated and synergistic leadership across campus.
- To work collaboratively with top-level administrators to ensure that diversity, equity, and inclusion campus leaders have adequate resources to do their work effectively.
- To engage and educate the campus community about diversity, equity, and inclusion work through initiatives and programming.
- To increase communication and institutional responsiveness around persistent diversity, equity and inclusion challenges.
Visit the college’s Historical Diversity Efforts page to learn more about Wheaton’s previous diversity and inclusion efforts by the Council on Inclusion and Diversity (CID).
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.