About the 2014-15 Directors and Founding Members
2014-15 Faculty Co-Directors
Ann Sears is a Professor of Music and the Director of Music in Performance. She holds a Ph.D. in Musicology from The Catholic University of America as well as an M.M. in Piano Performance from Arizona State. She also holds a B.M. from the New England Conservatory of Music in Piano Performance.
Evelyn Staudinger is a Professor of Art History and the Jane E. Ruby Chair in Humanities and Social Sciences. She received her Ph.D. from Brown University, as well as a B.A. from Wellesley and an M.A. from Tufts.
The Wheaton Institute for the Interdisciplinary Humanities was founded by Yuen-Gen Liang, Associate Professor of History, and Touba Ghadessi, Associate Professor of Art History, in collaboration with and through the support of a team of fourteen students representing nine disciplines in the humanities, social sciences, and natural and applied sciences.
- Morgan Bakerman ‘13 (Art History)
- Tyler Bennett ‘12 (Physics)
- Blake Funston ‘12 (Art History)
- Madeleine Goldsmith ‘12 (Art History)
- Robert Iafolla ‘13 (History and International Relations)
- Logan Hinderliter ‘14 (Classical Studies)
- Rachel LaFortune ‘13 (English and French Studies)
- Ian Lazzara ‘12 (Anthropology)
- Gerald O’Neil ‘14 (Art History)
- Kirstie Parkinson ‘13 (Art History)
- Jacob Pomerantz ‘12 (History)
- Laura Richardson ‘12 (Mathematics)
- Victoria Schuppert ‘12 (History of Philosophy)
- Christine Sobieck ‘12 (French Studies and History)