Display a flyer
If your department is displaying a poster in a public place like Balfour-Hood, you may want to feature it on your website, too. Here's how:
- Sign in to your site and upload the file to its Media Library. If you want to display an image, upload an image file format such as a gif, jpg or png. If you want to display a PDF file, upload the PDF file. Either way, capture the "File URL" (near the bottom of the new media page) for later use.
- Create a new post and give it a title.
- Leave its body blank.
- Assign it a category (such as "News") to tell the post where on your site to appear.
- To this new post, add a featured image (thumbnail size).
- Look for a field called "Point to this URL:" at the very bottom of the post. To this field, add the URL of the image or PDF file. It's always a good idea to copy-paste this URL from the Media Library, rather than typing it by hand.
- Publish the post and check your work.