Add a post
News is where it's at. We encourage you to share lots of updates from your department via posts.
A post is fresh content. Just a sentence or two is all you need—although you certainly can write more. Announce an upcoming event or deadline, give a shout-out to someone in your department, point to a feature story published elsewhere.
Posts are fast, flexible and powerful. When you write a post, use short and active sentences. Add images, links, video and more. Here's how.
To create a new post:
- Sign in to your site. (Note: If you are not on campus, you will need to use Wheaton's virtual private network.)
- Go to the site's Dashboard.
- Select Add New under the "Posts" button.
- Complete the "Title" and "Body" fields;
- Add an Excerpt to your post. Use simple, clear, and concise copy that entices readers to want more.
- Add a Featured Image to spice up your post, especially as it may appear in a News feed. (Of course, be sure you do not use copyrighted images on your site.)
- You might wish to assign a category to your post. Your site may be set up to use categories to control where posts appear. For example, many sites are set up in such a way that a post with the category "News" will automatically flow onto your homepage (typically, into the News column).
- Save your work as "private" to continue working on it later—or make it public by "publishing" it.
- Move it to the Trash it if you'd like to delete it.