Wheaton College is committed to preserving and maintaining the privacy of visitors to our websites. Wheaton College wants the personal information of visitors to our website to remain as secure as reasonably possible. Hence, we have taken measures to protect such personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. You understand, however, that no website security procedures are foolproof. Therefore, you agree that the personal information you submit to the Wheaton College website is submitted at your own risk and that Wheaton College will not be liable to you for any breach of security or inadvertent disclosure of your personal information.
For each visitor to our website, our web servers collect the Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using as well as essential technical information such as identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using, and the date and time of access, but not the email address of visitors to our web page and sites. This information is recorded in the web server access log files. This information may be used for the purpose of evaluating website usage, compiling reports on website activity for internal use and providing other services related to website activity and internet usage.
We use third party service providers who assist us in aggregating and analyzing the data we collect from you and other website visitors and who may use your data to improve their services (for example, displaying customized content or advertising based on your use preferences, auditing, research and analysis to maintain, protect and improve their services, ensuring technical functioning of their network, and developing new services). These service providers may share aggregate, non-personal information with third parties.
Wheaton College collects the email addresses of those who communicate with us via email and those who make postings to our chat areas. Optional information is collected only if you choose to send it. For example, if you email Wheaton College, choose to complete an online form or make an online purchase, Wheaton College will collect the information you volunteer, such as your email information, survey information and/or site registrations and/or information you record in online forms. This may include:
- The time that you sent an email.
- Your name, email address, and the content of your email.
- All the data you choose to fill in or confirm, including credit or debit card information if you are making a payment or donation, as well as information about other people if you are ordering a gift and want it sent directly to the recipient’s address.
Wheaton College does not intend to collect any information directly from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, you may use the Wheaton College website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. In the event that Wheaton College learns that it has inadvertently collected information from a child under the age of 13, any and all such information will be promptly deleted from Wheaton College’s systems.
Wheaton College will share personally identifiable information about you when one or more of the following conditions apply:
- We have your consent to share the information; or
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use this information for other purposes. (Note: Sharing and third-party use of information gathered by cookies, such as the Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using, identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using, and the date and time of access, are discussed above.)
Except as otherwise provided herein, Wheaton College will not disclose any personal information it gathers about a visitor to our website that could be used to identify or contact such visitor. In the following limited circumstances, Wheaton College may release personal information to third parties: 1) to comply with valid legal requirements such as a law, regulation, subpoena or court order; or 2) in special cases such as a threat of physical violence to a visitor to our website or to others.
Visitors to the Wheaton College website may request that we remove the personal information that they provided to us from our databases and servers at any time by submitting a written request to Wheaton College at the address provided hereunder in Updates, Changes and Contacting Wheaton College. In addition, a visitor may refuse to allow the further collection or use of his or her personal information by submitting a written request to Wheaton College at the address provided hereunder in Updates, Changes and Contacting Wheaton College. Such requests do not apply to data associated with Wheaton user accounts.
If a visitor requests email notices or subscribes to a newsletter, he or she may UNSUBSCRIBE at any time by notifying Wheaton College at the address provided in such email notice or newsletter, or as provided hereunder in Updates, Changes and Contacting Wheaton College.
Updates, Changes, and Contacting Wheaton College
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- U.S. mail: Wheaton College, Web Strategy, 26 E. Main St, Norton, MA 02766