Excluding an image from a gallery
Posted on April 11, 2013
An image gallery automatically includes every image that happens to be attached to your page or post. We have an easy two-step process to stop an image from displaying in a gallery.
Find the image's unique ID number:
- Sign in to your site and go to its Dashboard.
- Select "Media" (from the vertical menu on the left) and review your site's Media Library. You'll see a list like this:
- When you see the image you'd like excluded from a gallery, make note of its ID number on the far right column.
Add "exclude=" and the image's ID number to the HTML code:
- View the code on your page by clicking the "HTML" tab.
- Look for gallery code--it's within straight brackets and starts with something like this: gallery link="file" order="DESC" columns="1"
- You need to add a tiny bit of code to the end of that. Stay within the straight brackets, and add: exclude="115"; of course, you'll replace 115 with your image's ID number instead.
- Update your page/post and review it. That's it!
As always, contact the web team of you have questions about how to improve your site.