Good housekeeping tip: Clean out your Media Library
Posted on July 2, 2012
Editors: July might just be the perfect time to review the contents of your department site's Media Library.
- Launch your browser (no Internet Explorer, please), visit your site's homepage and sign in as an editor.
- Go to the editor Dashboard.
- Click once on "Media" (on the left) to see a library listing of your files.
- Hover over each file's title to see available options such as Edit, Delete Permanently or View.
- Delete any file that has out-of-date information. Do you have a replacement that's up-to-date and live?
- Ensure each file has a clear and concise title, and repeat it in the "Alternate Text" field.
- Save your work and check it.