For students | For faculty and staff
For help with software, the following is available:
For Faculty and staff
- Lynda.com Accounts
LIS would like to announce a one year Lynda.com online training pilot program. We have a limited number of accounts and once you sign up you will have access for one year beginning August 1, 2013. These accounts are only available to currently employed staff or faculty, upon supervisor request only.To request an account please notify your supervisor. Supervisors must send First Name, Last Name, and Email Address to Training@wheatoncollege.edu. Once the account is created you will receive an email from Lynda.com containing a link with directions on how to activate your account.All training support will be provided through the Lynda.com website. With more than 1,400 courses taught by industry experts—and more added every week—lynda.com is designed for all levels of learners and is available whenever you’re ready to learn. You can even view it on your iPhone, iPad, Android phone or tablet, or other mobile device.
UPDATE: Here's what folks have been learning about!
- Self Paced Tutorials, FAQ's, and Quick Reference Guides promoting skills on general desktop productivity software such as Gmail, Google Calendar, Microsoft Office, Filemaker Pro, etc. All available here.
- Workshops and sessions There are several regular technology series available on campus:
- Tech and Talks (TNT) A lunchtime opportunity to explore the role of technology in teaching and research. See the TNT site for details of past and upcoming presentations
- Faculty Workshops Offered on a variety of technology topics every January and May.
- Personal consultations Different groups on campus support different aspects of technology -- all are available to meet with you to discuss your interests
- For using software and computer hardware
- For classroom, video, and audio equipment contact Media Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- For incorporating technology into your business processes contact Technology Support at x3900