FAQ (for onCourse 2)
- How do I import files (PowerPoint, etc.) into onCourse?
- How do I make my class available to students?
- Your onCourse class site is unavailable to students by default. To make it available, look for the Settings block in your class, click edit settings, scroll down the page to the Availability section, then choose This course is available to students from the drop down menu: Be sure to save your changes at the bottom of the page.
- How can I improve the visual appearance of my course pages and minimize unnecessary clutter?
- Use the docking feature
- Delete unused blocks in your class site
- Remove unused topic and week sections:
- What are the new features and improvements available in onCourse 2 (compared to onCourse 1)?
- onCourse 2 has several useful improvements described here
- How can I add interactive quizzes and surveys to my course site?
- Use the Choice activity. This option is the easiest to use for creating quick/easy class polls that are not used for grading
- Use the Questionnaire activity. This option is good for creating a survey. Questionnaires can be anonymous or fullname. There are a variety of question types to choose from.
- Use the Quiz activity. This option is best for graded quizzes. Quizzes can allow multiple attempts and will be automatically graded except for short essay questions. Teachers can give feedback to students and show the correct answer at various points during or after the quiz is completed.
- How do I add a person to my course?
- In the settings block, expand the Users menu and click on enrolled users
then click on the button enroll users in the top right of the screen
- You'll see a box of all users.
1. Select the role you want to give the user
2. Search for the user.
3. Click the "Enroll" button next to the person's name.
4. Click the "Finish enrolling users" button.
Note: You cannot enroll a person in the role of teacher. Contact Jeanne Farrell (x.3629) or Peter Kirlew (x.3927) to request an enrollment in this role.
- How do I allow my students to see their grades?
- In the settings block, under course administration, click on edit settings
- In the General section you'll see the option, "Show gradebook to students", change this from no to yes, scroll to the bottom of the page and save your changes.
- How do I download all assignments as a zip file in onCourse 2?