Note: These instructions are for Windows only. Minitab no longer produces a Macintosh version. If you wish to run Minitab on your Mac, you must purchase a program called VMWare Fusion. Minitab is also installed in many public computing spaces, including the Library, for your convenience.
Please follow these instructions very carefully. If you miss a step, Minitab will not install properly on your computer.
- Please make sure you are connected to the campus network when following the steps outlined below, via a wireless or a wired connection. If you are off-campus, you can use VPN.
- You must request access to the software folder prior to installation.
Please visit https://wcweb.wheatonma.edu/software/login.php
Log in with your wID and email password.
Choose (Request Access) Minitab from the list of software applications.
Within 5-7 minutes you will receive email notification and instructions for downloading. However, please use the instructions below, which include downloading, installing and using Minitab.
Step 1: Downloading the software kit
- Single right mouse click on My Computer and select Map Network Drive
- For the drive letter select S:
- For the folder enter \\netspace.wheatonma.edu\shared\software
NOTE: Make sure the slashes are going in this direction \\ and NOT this direction //
- Check the box for Connect using different credentials
- Click Finish.
- A dialog box will pop up. In the User Name field, enter WC\wXXXXXXXX (replacing wXXXXXXXX with your Wheaton w ID)
NOTE: Make sure your slash is going in this direction \ and NOT this direction /
- In the Password field, enter your email password
- Select OK then Finish. You will now have access to the software server.
Step 2: Installing the software
- Go to drive S, the software server.
- Open the software folder
- Open the Minitab_16_Windows folder
- Drag mtben1611m.exe to your desktop
- Double-click the mtben1611m.exe icon to launch the Minitab installer.
- Choose Next
- When prompted to enter a server, please type in the following:
Port number: 7551 (and also check off the box next to port number)
In Windows7, check the box to install as administrator.
- Click Next, Install then Finish, to finish the installation process.
Step 3: Using Minitab
- You must always be connected to the network when using Minitab. Minitab will not work without a network connection because it issues a license for you to use over the network.
- If you are off-campus, you must connect via the Virtual Private Network before launching Minitab: Click here for details
If you have problems with installing Minitab, please email email@example.com with details about your installation problem.