We are aware of the OpenSSL Heartbleed security hole and we are taking measures to make sure our servers are protected. If you would like to know more about this issue please visit this site for more information.
Minitab installation instructions
Note: These instructions are for Windows only. Minitab no longer produces a Macintosh version. If you wish to run Minitab on your Mac, you must purchase a program called VMWare Fusion. Minitab is also installed in many public computing spaces, including the Library, for your convenience.
Please follow these instructions very carefully. If you miss a step, Minitab will not install properly on your computer.
- Please make sure you are connected to the campus network when following the steps outlined below, via a wireless or a wired connection. If you are off-campus, you can use VPN.
- You must request access to the software folder prior to installation.
Please visit https://wcweb.wheatonma.edu/software/login.php
Log in with your wID and email password.
Choose (Request Access) Minitab from the list of software applications.
Within 5-7 minutes you will receive email notification and instructions for downloading. However, please use the instructions below, which include downloading, installing and using Minitab.
Step 1: Downloading the software kit
- Single right mouse click on My Computer and select Map Network Drive
- For the drive letter select S:
- For the folder enter \\netspace.wheatonma.edu\shared\software
NOTE: Make sure the slashes are going in this direction \\ and NOT this direction //
- Check the box for Connect using different credentials
- Click Finish.
- A dialog box will pop up. In the User Name field, enter WC\wXXXXXXXX (replacing wXXXXXXXX with your Wheaton w ID)
NOTE: Make sure your slash is going in this direction \ and NOT this direction /
- In the Password field, enter your email password
- Select OK then Finish. You will now have access to the software server.
Step 2: Installing the software
- Go to drive S, the software server.
- Open the software folder
- Open the Minitab_16_Windows folder
- Drag mtben1611m.exe to your desktop
- Double-click the mtben1611m.exe icon to launch the Minitab installer.
- Choose Next
- When prompted to enter a server, please type in the following:
Port number: 7551 (and also check off the box next to port number)
In Windows7, check the box to install as administrator.
- Click Next, Install then Finish, to finish the installation process.
Step 3: Using Minitab
- You must always be connected to the network when using Minitab. Minitab will not work without a network connection because it issues a license for you to use over the network.
- If you are off-campus, you must connect via the Virtual Private Network before launching Minitab: Click here for details
If you have problems with installing Minitab, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details about your installation problem.