Printing options for students can be found here
There are many ways to send your print jobs to the new Xerox MFPs! If your computer is a college-owned computer and on the domain you can download the Xerox print drivers and off you'll go. You can also follow the directions for students found here to email your print jobs or use the web interface without downloading the drivers. Whichever way works for you works for us!
Note: You will have 24 hours to print out your job before it expires.
Below are the directions to follow to download drivers on to College-owned computers in the domain:
WINDOWS Operating System Instructions:
- Go to the Windows icon in the lower left corner, in the search box right above the icon type \\print and hit the enter key on your keyboard.
- Double click on the queue named “Xerox”, it will start the Windows Printer Installation, if you are prompted, you should click accept to install the driver for the Xerox printer
- Once the install is complete the print queue will pop up on your screen, you can close that window
- Now you can send your print jobs to the printer named “Xerox on print”
- At the Xerox MFP select “Alternate Login” and login with your wID and password (after the first time you login you have the option to enroll your ID card), then find your job and release it.
Apple/MAC Operating System Instructions:
Click here for a video tutorial of the installation, or follow the directions below.
- Go to Finder
- Click "Go" on the menu bar / "Select a Server" at the bottom of the drop down menu
- Enter smb://print.wheatonma.edu/mac in the server address box
- Click Connect
- Double Click on the Xerox Print Driver
- Follow the installation directions that pop up
- When the installation gets to the "Select Printer" screen do not highlight any of the Xerox devices it discovers. Instead, select the "Continue" button. It will ask if you want to proceed without setting up a printer connection, select "Continue" again. If by accident you do highlight a Xerox device that it discovered please exit out of the driver installation program and start over.
- Go into Apple's "System Preferences" and select "Print & Scan"
- Press the "+" button on the left to create a new print queue (Note: you might have to click the lock icon in the bottom left hand corner to make changes first)
- On the "Add" screen that pops up right mouse click (If you don't have the option to right mouse click, you can use two fingers then tap on the track pad to bring up the options) on the default icon in the top left corner of the window, and select "Customize Toolbar"..."
- Drag the "Advanced" icon into the toolbar (the tool bar located at the top of the "Add" screen window, where you right mouse clicked)
- Click the new "Advanced" option
- For the "Type" select "Windows printer via spoolss
- In the "URL" field enter in "smb://print.wheatonma.edu/Xerox"
- For the "Name" enter in "Xerox"
- Select "Choose a Driver..."
- Choose the "Select Software" option
- Click on the Xerox Work Centre 7970 driver option, even if your Xerox MFP is a different model. This driver works for all Xerox MFP's on campus.
- Click Ok
- Click Add
- Choose “Options & Supplies”. Click on the “Options” tab, within that options window, choose the pulldown next to “Finisher” and choose “BR Finisher”, click “Ok” to close out of that window.
- Restart your computer
- From Microsoft Word Print Dialog Box (this opens once you try to print a document from Word), Select the third pulldown (usually says "Copies & Pages")
- Choose "Xerox Features"
- Choose drop down next to 2-Sided Printing
- Select "2-Sided printing"
- Choose drop down next to Presets
- Select "Save Current Settings as Preset..."
- Name it "Duplex"
- Click Ok
Have a question that isn't answered here? Visit the FAQ page here!
If you have any questions or concerns please contact Technology Support at x3900