MultiFunction Printers FAQ
- Q: How do I use the MFP to scan receipts for credit card reconcillation?
A: Please follow the instructions found here
- Q: Where do I get paper and toner for my MFP?
A: The only place to order these supplies is Office Services. Contact them at ext. 3836
- Q: What should I do if the machine's input display is frozen or the machine itself is frozen??
A: Open the front door on the MFP and look for the Power ON/OFF switch. Once you find it Power the MFP off wait 30 seconds then Power the MFP back ON. If this does not resolve the situation please go on line to submit a repair request.
- Q: Who do I call if there is a problem with the MFP?
A: If the machine needs repair:
- Q: How do I receive assistance with printing or scanning to an MFP?
A: Please call Tech Support, at ext. 3900
- Q: If you have questions about how to use the Copy function on an MFP?
A: Please call the Copy Center, ext. 3836
- Q: Can I print from my personal computer to a public MFP printer on campus?
A: Yes! Please visit LIS, Technology Support located on the Periodicals level of the library during regular operating hours with your computer and they will install the software you need at no charge.
- Q: How do I print to an MFP (Multi Function Printer) if I'm a student?
A: Visit Printing Options for Students for Instructions.
- Q: How do I print to an MFP (Multi Function Printer) if I'm a staff or faculty member?
A: Visit Printing Options for Staff for Instructions.
- Q: How do I scan to a folder from an MFP (Multi Function Printer) if I'm a staff or faculty member?
- Log into the Konica-Minolta MFP.
- Select the Fax/Scan button located just below the LCD display.
- Place the document(s) you want to scan face-up in the top feeder.
- On the LCD display select the destination network folder you want to scan to (ex: "alum")
- Press the blue "Start" button on the keypad.
- Press the "Access" button to log out of your MFP session.
- Visit the shared network area on the server netspace.wheatonma.edu (directions are here) and go to the top level "scanning" folder. Underneath that folder go to the folder where your document was scanned to (in this example "alumnaei_relations_and_annual_giving_scanning"). Your scanned document will be waiting in the form of a PDF document (ex: SKMBT_42310110309140.pdf). Please remove your document from the server or it will be removed during our periodic clean up process.
Note* If you do not have access to enter a folder underneath the scanning folder, please contact the LIS Technical Support Staff at 508.286.3900 for assistance.
- Q: When printing a user receives a "print wait" error and job prints much later or not at all.
A: This is due to a corrupt or extra large file. We have learned that enabling the "Delete without log in" configuration will help.
- Q: Equitrac error code "Your account has reached its maximum allowance". This error will not allow the user to print.
A: That error message means that the person receiving the error has a stuck job on one of the MFPs on campus and it needs to be cleared at the MFP's console. This can happen when someone, for example, sends a job to an MFP and specifies that the output size should be 11 x 17 but when they release the job there is no paper that size in the unit and it hangs in the queue. You can see these jobs on the left hand side when you log into the Konica and says "Print Err" and their "w" ID. Jobs like this have to be deleted. There is a setting on all MFPs that allows anyone to remove a job in the local queue. We are hoping that people walk up to a machine, realize that they can't release their own job because the previous person has a job stuck in the queue so they delete that stuck job.
- Q: Do I need to have my Wheaton ID to print?
A: No, you do not need to have your Wheaton ID to print. But it makes it easier! Simply swipe your ID card at a public printer to release your print job. No need to use the keyboard to login!
- Q: Can I print from my laptop?
A: Yes! You need to install the Equitrac printing software client, available free from Tech Support. Bring your laptop to Tech Support to have the client installed. The client will work on both PC and Apple laptops.
- Q: How do I print from a USB flash drive at the MFP?