Connecting Windows Vista computer to Library Atrium Xerox Phaser 5550DN Printers
1. Copy this Xerox Vista driver Setup.exe file to your Desktop.
2. Run the Setup.exe file, if you are prompted with a security warning just select "Run". The files within the Setup.exe file will get extracted and you most likely be prompted with a Windows "User Account Control" prompt asking you if it is okay to continue with the installation, select the "Continue" button.
3. At the License Agreement page select "I Agree".
4. If a Windows Security Alert pop up windows appears stating the following "Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program" select the "Unblock" option.
5. At the Xerox Print Driver Installation screen select the bottom option labeled "Enter Printer's IP address, DNS name, or UNC path" enter in one of the following:
depending on which printer you want to print to (there are 2). Then click the "Install" button.
6. It may take a couple of minutes for the Xerox driver to install.
7. At the "Installation Complete" screen uncheck the option to install the Support Centre and uncheck the option for Information Forwarding. Click "Finish" and it should print a test page to the printer you selected.
8. The Xerox software utility will ask if you want to register your product, just select "Remind me later". To get rid of the reminders go into the "Control Panel" then "Programs" and in the very bottom left hand corner select the option labeled "Stop a program from running at startup". Click the "Show for all users" button then select "Continue", then highlight the "Xerox Windows Registration Utility" and select "Remove". When asked to confirm your selection press "Continue".
9. If you want to change any of the settings for the new you printer you just added, go to "Control Panel" -> "Hardware and Sound" then "Printers". Right mouse click on the Phaser 5550DN and select "Properties" (to change options like duplexing etc...)