- In our continuing effort to improve LIS services, all scheduled maintenance will be added below as notices are received
- Please bookmark this site for IT ALERTS
- For up to the minute IT and Critical IT Alerts follow us @WheatonSupport on Twitter or visit our website
- Most scheduled maintenance, especially Banner maintenance, will be performed during our normal Thursday evening maintenance window
SERVICE ALERT: Banner Java Changes / Virtual Desktop Downtime
Who: Wheaton College Faculty and Staff
Why: Java upgrade within Banner
When: Thursday 1/29/15 at 4:30 pm and Friday 1/30/15 at 7:30 am
The Banner Team will make a new version of Java available from the production Banner server on Friday, 1/30/15 at 7:30 am. If you are prompted to update your version of Java before that time please do not perform the upgrade. The Banner server issues out a specific version of Java and if you upgrade on your own your Java client will not be compatible with Banner. To accommodate the new version of Java, the Tech Infrastructure team will be doing maintenance to the following virtual desktop pools starting at 4:30 pm on Thursday 1/29/15.
- Workstudy virtual desktops used in Administrative Offices
- OMR virtual desktops used by the Faculty Assistants
- Phonathon virtual desktops used by the Alumnae/i Office
- Titanium virtual desktops used by the Counseling Center
Please log out of your virtual desktop session by 4:30 pm Thursday evening.
Note: The Public virtual desktops used primarily in the Atrium of the Library will not be affected by this change.
SERVICE ALERT: OUTAGE: Campus Wireless Network
Who: Wheaton College Faculty, Staff, and Students
What: Campus Wireless Network
Why: Wireless controller maintenance and redundancy testing
When: Thursday, Jan. 29th from 4:30pm to 9:30pm
Campus wireless networking will be interrupted for maintenance and testing to the wireless controller on Thursday, Jan 29th beginning at 4:30pm. During this time the wireless network will be unavailable. The wired network will continue to be available.
FYI: A new phishing scam is circulating: Google Drive File Sharing!
Please check out the LIS FYI Alert for more information: