Software Sales Policy
Wheaton supports the Microsoft Office Suite and a variety of other software applications. Some applications are available for free download and can be found here.
Students are now entitled to install Microsoft Office on up to 5 devices (including desktop and mobile versions, PC, Apple, and Android). Please see this page for more information. If you end your association with Wheaton College for any reason, or if the college chooses not to renew the portion of the Microsoft Annual Campus Agreement that covers your installation, you will be required to remove the installed applications from your computer.
Faculty and Staff:
Wheaton's new Microsoft Annual Campus Agreement (expires June 2017) allows faculty and staff to purchase "use" of and not "own" this software for home use as long as you are an employee of the college, or while the Campus Agreement is valid. If you end your association with Wheaton College for any reason, or if the college chooses not to renew the portion of the Microsoft Annual Campus Agreement that covers your installation, you will be required to remove the installed applications from your computer.
The way Wheaton Staff and Faculty purchase the Microsoft Windows Operating System or Microsoft Office suite for personal use has changed. All sales will now be handled through a third party online vendor. Technology Support will no longer be selling this merchandise from campus.
To make a purchase for a Mac or Windows Computer:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the product and if it is for a Mac or Windows computer
- You will receive an email (within 72 hours) with a link to the third party vendor. You will need to complete the registration process at the vendors site. The username for your account will be your Wheaton email address in this form email@example.com and you will create your password during this registration process. Once you've finished the registration process you will be able to make your purchase
- Please be sure to save any key codes you receive during your purchase. These key codes will be required when you install the software
Once you log into the third party site any issues or questions you may have should be directed to the vendor.
Nothing has changed with our current Microsoft agreement. If you have any questions regarding the agreement you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
The following products are available for you to purchase at an educational discount:
- Windows 10 Education
- Windows 8.1 Professional
- Windows 7 Professional
- Microsoft Office 2016 Professional Plus (PC)
- Microsoft Office 2016 Home and Business (MAC)
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Microsoft Office 2011
- Microsoft Office 2010