The Reading Room
Some articles that caught our eye, on the use of technology in education
Technology in Research and Instruction
- Google Plus and Hangouts
- Communities of Practice
- Application for Academic Technology Innovation Funds
- Google Drive
- Geographic Information Systems
- The GIST Archive (2007-2010)
- Social Bookmarking
July 9, 2015
FYI- Windows 10 and Wheaton College Owned Computers... Please read...
July 6, 2015
LIS SERVICE ALERTS:
Week of July 27 to August 2 Please check here often...
- In our continuing effort to improve LIS services, all scheduled maintenance will be added below as notices are received
- Please bookmark this site for IT ALERTS
- For up to the minute IT and Critical IT Alerts follow us @WheatonSupport on Twitter or visit our website
- Most scheduled maintenance, especially Banner maintenance, will be performed during our normal Thursday evening maintenance window
- The PROD database is shut down for backup every Saturday from 12:05am to 7:30am
Please check here often....
October 21, 2014
CRITICAL IT ALERT: Mac OS/iOS Alert - Mac Users please read
Mac Computer, iPhone/iPad/iPod Users
Wheaton College Faculty, Staff, and Students
New Mac OS Yosemite and New iOS 8.0 update issues
New Mac Operating System 10.10 Yosemite:
At this time the college standard supported operating system is Mac OS 10.9x Mavericks. We are currently researching the new Mac OS 10.10 named Yosemite. Once our research is complete and we are ready to provide support for this OS we will update our website of supported software (College Standard Supported Software) and all new/replacement college computers will include the new OS. If you install this version before we research it not all current applications or network services may work.
New iOS 8.0 for iPhones/iPads/iPods:
We have been made aware that there are issues with iPhones/iPads/iPods that have updated to iOS 8.0 connecting to or staying connected to wireless networks. Until we research these issues further and resolutions or a workaround can be found we are not suggesting that devices be upgraded at this time. If you have already updated to this version please be aware that you may have problems connecting to wireless networks or you may experience being dropped from time to time.
If you have any questions please contact Tech Support at email@example.com
For up to the minute IT and Critical IT Alerts follow us @WheatonSupport on Twitter or visit this website http://wheatoncollege.edu/technology/
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm
How to reach us:
- Our walk-in service center is located on the periodicals level in Wallace Library
- Phone assistance at ×3900 or 508‑286‑3900 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tech Support Service Level Agreements for software and hardware
- IT Maintenance WindowThursdays from 4:30pm to 9:30pm is our regular IT maintenance window. The community will be notified by email alert before any activity is scheduled.
- Welcome to Wheaton! To help you quickly settle in and find your way around campus, visit this site for 6 quick facts with links to more information for getting started at Wheaton
Event Support Hours (Academic Semester):
- Mon – Fri: 8am – 10pm
- Saturday: 2pm – 10pm
- Sunday: Closed
Office Hours (Academic Semester):
- Mon – Thurs: 8am – 10pm
- Friday: 8am – 4:30pm
- Saturday and Sunday: Closed
See our guide to using media services.
Check out R&I's new teaching with technology website.