Application for Academic Technology Innovation Funds
See our full list of previously funded projects, which we will regularly update.
Funding Goals and Criteria
We cannot fund every project, so we have a set of criteria to prioritize the applications we receive; please ask the following question to assess if this funding is appropriate for your project:
Innovation and exploration
- Would this funding support a use of technology in research and/or the curriculum that has not been done at Wheaton, and that would be of broad interest?
- Does this project or activity help advance library and technology Research and Instruction goals?
- Is it evidenced-based? Is it addressing a documented challenge?
- Does this project or activity have no other source of funding?
Broad and lasting impact
- How many students and faculty will it benefit? Does it have benefits to the community?
- Is it extendable? That is, can the outcomes of this project be used in other ways?
- Is there a dissemination plan? Can you commit to do a Tech N Talk or participate in some kind of faculty conversations/workshops related to the project? (All recipients should plan to report on their projects through a Tech N Talk, workshop, and/or at least a paragraph summary that can be posted on the web.)
- What are the long term benefits? How does it benefit the curriculum, and promote faculty and/or student research?
Evaluation and logistics
- Is there an assessment plan to determine if the project had results (this is not the same as unqualified success – please note that failed experimental uses of technology can provide very useful results)?
- Do we have the skills on campus to accomplish the project?
- Are the requested funds adequate for the proposed use?
- Does the request require a recurring cost? If so, what are the plans for future funding? (these funds are intended for start-up costs, not recurring funds)
Before submitting an application, you must contact your Library or Technology Liaison for a consultation. The Liaisons can help you develop your idea so that it represents the strongest application possible.
When you are ready to apply: → click here to fill out a short application.
Applications are due by 5:00 pm on Monday, May 6, 2013