New College Microsoft Agreement (7.1.2014 through 6.30.2017)
Posted on August 21, 2014
The college has negotiated a new agreement for Microsoft licenses for faculty, staff, and students. The agreement is in place from July 1, 2014 until June 30, 2017. Details are below.
Personally-owned computers (Students):
Microsoft Office: Students are now entitled to install Microsoft Office on up to 5 devices (including desktop and mobile versions, PC, Apple, and Android).
How to get Microsoft Office through the College License:
- Contact LIS Tech Support to arrange for a Microsoft account. Call or email:
- Email Support @ WheatonCollege.edu. Include your w-ID# and your Wheaton email address.
- Or call 508.286.3900 during business hours.
- Tech Support will submit the information to Microsoft.
- Within 72 hours Microsoft will send you an email with directions on how to install Office on up to 5 devices. Be alert for email from Microsoft.
- If you have a problem with the installations please bring your computer or device to Tech Support. Tech Support staff will work with you to install MS Office.
Students may use the college licenses as long as they are actively enrolled as a student of the college. If you separate from the college it is your responsibility to remove the Microsoft products from your personal computer.
Personally-owned computers (Faculty and Staff):
Microsoft Office : Faculty and staff may purchase the media (CDs) for installing Microsoft Office (desktop version) for home use. Please visit Technology Support in the Wallace Library to purchase the home-use media for a cost of $20.00 (sales tax included). Each faculty and staff member is allowed 1 copy of each application per year.
Microsoft Operating Systems (desktop version) (UPGRADE ONLY): Faculty and staff may purchase the home-use media for upgrading existing OS installations for a cost of $20.00 (sales tax included). Each faculty and staff member is allowed 1 copy of an operating system UPGRADE per year.
Faculty and staff may use the college licenses for home-use as long as you are an active employee of the college. If you separate from the college it is your responsibility to remove the Microsoft products from your personal computer.
All college owned computers:
Microsoft Office (desktop versions) and Windows Operating System (desktop versions) will be installed and managed through LIS Technology Support. Call x3900 to request an upgrade or installation of the college standard version.