What's new on campus?
Posted on September 17, 2013
As the academic year begins, take a look around and notice what’s new on campus. During the summer, Physical Plant workers worked hard on their own, and with outside contractors, to improve several campus features, including:
- the new patio outside the Café in Balfour-Hood with its colorful outdoor furnishings;
- tables and chairs at the John Mitchell Memorial picnic area, between Peacock Pond and the Carpenters’ Shop;
- a refurbished and re-furnished Presidents’ Dining (Rooms 1 and 2);
- water on Chapel Field – there is now an irrigation system in place;
- new carpeting in the Haas Athletic Center offices and new floors in Young and McIntire Residence Halls; and
- a smooth new walkway outside Park Hall.
Additional upcoming improvements include new, bright-blue signs at Wheaton’s entrances on Route 123 and new furniture for Knapton 213 and 215.