Staff Council

Luck is spelled W-O-R-K!

Posted on September 13, 2012

I have just treated my entire office to breakfast, complements of Wendy’s and 95.5, and the chance to be one of 100 people eligible to win a two-year lease on a car at Paw Sox McCoy Stadium. I got to see the Paw Sox game but was not chosen to be a finalist to try a key for the car lease.

This opportunity was a result of my hobby: entering contests. It is fun to share my winnings and show what can be done with a simple 3x5 piece of paper or a facebook entry. Later that week I won an Xbox with Kennect and 20,000 points to purchase Microsoft merchandise and a $50.00 check from Darden Restaurants. My hobby is fun and I share the benefits with friends and family on a constant basis. My family gets at least $500.00 in gift cards each Christmas as a result of my “part-time job.”

Many people say I am lucky. I can only say that luck is spelled W-O-R-K and I spend at least 1 hour a day entering contests. I reserve the hour of 9-10 pm for this work. It basically is a part-time job. There are so many ways to win prizes and many of these are big. My largest prizes have been trips, cruises and $5,000.00, $2,000 and $1,000 checks. I win lots of small checks, gift cards, T-shirts, mugs, tickets to patriots and Red Sox games, etc. Most of my prizes are small but plentiful and it is fun to know the UPS and FEDEX men by name as they arrive on my doorstep at least once a week.
One of the many ways you can win prizes is through rewards programs. Of all the rewards programs out there, My Coke Rewards is my favorite. Their prizes are phenomenal and no other company comes close to their Customer Service level. Okay, there are a few others, but Coca-Cola is at the top of my list when it comes to awarding prizes. I have won many gift cards, tickets to theme parks, and sporting events from My Coke Rewards and several of my friends who do contesting have reported winning trips, appliances, cameras, TVs and more. If you ever want to get on my good side...just hand me an ice cold Coke! The caps on those cokes contain pure gold in my opinion. I just plug them in to my Rewards account and then use my points to enter the multitude of My Coke Rewards sweepstakes and instant win games.

Coca-Cola usually adds about 20-30 new promotions to their website each month, so imagine my surprise when I say that they added a record 144 sweepstakes on August 1, 2012. Well over 100 of these are for football tickets/events to a huge variety of College and Professional games. No matter which teams you cheer for, My Coke Rewards probably has game tickets you will want to win! Of course, since this is a sweepstakes, you DO NOT have to purchase Coke products to enter. There is a mail-in method of entry for each of these. I won Six Flags theme park tickets using the mail-in method of entry and two years of weekly $20 gift cards for my grandson while he was in college. Regardless of how you enter, My Coke Rewards offers some fantastic prizes and we all know that someone will win...hopefully it will be you! Join me in my rewarding hobby. However, beware of what you enter and make sure you read the rules. My suggestion is to join a contest club or subscribe to a contest newsletter.

—submitted by Judi Razee