Orientation Coordinator (CORE)
These individuals will share responsibility for the overall planning and execution of New Student Orientation, CORE August. There are 2-3 Student Coordinator positions depending on funding. These are summer positions --May 19, 2014 to August 25, 2014—also may include some committee meetings and OA hiring prior to the conclusion of the semester and event support during the first week of the fall semester.
• Assist Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership (SAIL)/Orientation staff in the hiring & training of CORE August OA’s
• Attend/Participate in cross-divisional CORE Committee planning meetings.
• Attend/Participate in all Orientation Coordinators’ meetings.
• Represent Orientation committee at Opening of the College Meetings.
• Assist with Summer/Orientation Communications. (Mailings, email blast, etc …)
• Other duties as assigned.
Specific Orientation Coordinator Assignments include:
• Plan and execute educational, academic and social program in conjunction with appropriate college departments. These vary with current priorities and OC interest.
• Coordinate, write and edit CORE August schedule/text in preparation for the Communications Department design process.
• Update CORE website
• Utilize Social Media (Facebook, twitter, Instagram, etc) to connect to the new students before their arrival.
• Coordinate work order request for all SAIL and CORE August programs.
• Liaison with SGA as their main campus contact regarding the Activities Fair, Candlelighting, etc. during the summer months.
• 2.75 Cumulative Grade Point Average
• Completion of at least two semesters at Wheaton College.
• Experience with program/event planning
• Strong work ethic and hard worker
• Committed to Wheaton's values and the student experience
• Solid writing skills
• Presentation skills
• Strong computer skills including all Microsoft programs(Word, Excel, Publisher)
• Knowledge of Word Press and Adobe's Creative Suite helpful
Days/hours per week
Tuesday & Thursday, 8:30-4:30pm (mostly)
questions? contact Andrea @ firstname.lastname@example.org