Wheaton College Norton, Massachusetts
Wheaton College
Student Employment Office

Interested in doing some good over Winter Break? Take your Work Study home with you!

Posted on October 15, 2014

If you have Federal Work Study and this sounds interesting, read on:

  1. You must work at a non-profit, governmental, or community-based organization.
  2. The organization must complete both a Needs Assessment Form and Job Classification Form, both are available from Student Financial Services to get the process started.
  3. All work performed must benefit the community in which the organization resides.
  4. The position should be designed to improve the quality of life for community residents, or to solve a particular problem related to their needs.
  5. The organization MUST be willing to pay 25% of your wages.  The College will pay the remaining 75% and will bill the organization at the end of the employment period.
  6. IMPORTANT: Student earnings during January are deducted from the FWS academic year work awards.  Total yearly earnings must not exceed work awards.

Students who participate in the program must:

  1. Complete the I9, W4, and Request for Work Authorization Form in Student Financial Services BEFORE they begin their assignment.
  2. Submit signed timesheets (via fax or email is okay) to the Jenny Heller (heller_jennifer@wheatoncollege.edu) biweekly by the payroll deadline.
  3. Sign up for Direct Deposit in the College Payroll Office.

Deadline to Sign Up:

  1. Interested students must contact Jenny Heller no later than Monday, November 24th at 4:30 pm.
  2. Jenny Heller will work directly with you and with your organization to make sure that all appropriate paperwork is completed.
  3. All paperwork must be completed no later than December 12, 2014 to participate.  There will be no exceptions to this deadline.

All questions should be referred to Jenny Heller, Associate Director of Financial Aid for Student Employment, at heller_jennifer@wheatoncollege.edu.

Comments are closed.