Happy Hiring - Updates for Supervisors
Posted on August 14, 2013
Here are some updates about Student Employment season, and what you can do to make it a smoother process for you and your student employees.
- All open positions must be posted on the Student Employment Website. This does not include positions in which you are hiring the same students. However, if at least one of your students is new in that position, it must be posted.
- Please feel free to add job postings now now but keep in mind that they won’t appear on the website until August 26th, when students are back on campus. The job posting form can be found on the Supervisors' section of this website.
- Postings must remain up for a minimum of three days. Once that timeframe is over, you may request to have the posting taken down by contacting Jenny Heller.
- If we receive a RWAF (Request for Work Authorization) for a new student (non re-hire) and there is no accompanying job posting, we will contact you to post the job. Yes, we understand that you have already hired someone for the position, but you must still follow Wheaton College Student Employment policies.
- Please consider joining us for the Annual Job Fair. It will be held on August 28th from 12:30 to 3 pm in the Atrium at the Balfour-Hood Center. This is a great way to meet students face to face, gauge interest in your position(s), and see other student employment supervisors. The deadline to sign up is Friday, August 23rd.
- To sign up for the job fair please complete the following form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1eG3XkFtWsCJOU9R6nQNmHKmDVgQyVaWE4LkOnRdiNm0/viewform .
- RWAFs (Request for Work Authorization) are found on this, the Student Employment, website. You and your student must complete them in full prior to the student bringing the form over to SFS.
- SFS does not hand out forms, we do not print forms, and we will not complete forms for you.
- The last day of non-academic year (Summer) student employment is August 25th. Students continuing in their positions must complete a new RWAF. These students cannot begin working in the academic year until a new form is completed.
- Also, if you are new to Wheaton or are a new supervisor, please email Jenny so that she can update the positions you supervise to the correct supervisor.
If you have any questions during this process, please don't hesitate to contact Jenny (email@example.com) or Barbara (firstname.lastname@example.org).