Skip to content
Woman's History Month 2013
- Monday, March 4th - International Women’s Day Celebration
Talk by Professor Cynthia Enloe: "Do Women Work When the Men are Fighting? Violence and Making a Living". Lunch provided and RSVP required.
- Monday, March 4th– April 3rd - Wheaton Women in the World: A Celebration of Women’s History Month
An exhibition for Women's History Month that will be on display in the Wallace Library and in Watson Fine Arts buildings.
- Wednesday, March 6th - FAW Thank You Cards
10am-3pm in Balfour Hood Campus Center
Come write a card to a Woman of history or in your life that has inspired.
- Tuesday, March 19th - Gender, Leadership, and Communication
4pm in New Yellow Parlor
A workshop devoted to women and public speaking, the role of gender in communication, and strategies to get your voice heard. Refreshments provided.
- Tuesday March 19th - FAW Film Showing
5pm in Media Center
Come out and watch the film Half Sky. Pizza provided.
- Monday, March 25th - Advocacy 101
2pm - Contact Professor Kim Miller
Webinar on civic engagement and on pursuing careers in politics. Taught by the Political Institute for Women. Attendance is restricted.
- Thursday, March 28th - Panel on Non Profit Management and Women's Leadership
Discussion with notable Presidents and CEO’ of Non-Profit agencies in the New England Area.
- Thursday, March 28th & Friday, March 29th - Stripped
8:00-9:30pm in Experimental Theater
Stripped exposes stories, personal narratives and monologues surrounding sexuality and identity.
- Friday, March 29th - WomYn’s Reception
A reception aiming to affirm and highlight campus support for the WomYn of our campus community.
- Monday, April 8 - Talks by Kelly Ball, Emory University
- 12:30pm - Lunchtime talk: “A is for Absence/A is for Asymmetry: Using Archives to Theorize the Absence of Black Girlhood in Histories of Pedophilia.”
- 2:00pm - Talk/Discussion: “Feminist and Critical Race Studies Methods for Primary Source Research”