Creating A Vision & Goals
The purpose of the group needs to be clearly defined and must answer the following questions:
• How will the campus community benefit?
• What does this group value?
Use the answers to these questions to create a purpose statement. This will help shapes how future members and the community will understand why they should join your student organization.
Developing goals as a group is critical. This is not a process that the President or the Executive Board of a group can do alone. Planning together as an entire student group will allow you and your members to be supportive, take responsibility, and have ownership while gathering a variety of valuable perspectives.
- Brainstorm realistic goals that connect to the group's vision
- Choose as a group the goals from the list you want to tackle
- Prioritize the goals
- Determine a plan of action for each goal
- Follow through and evaluate
For more information about creating goals, visit SMART Goals.