Collaboration & Co-Sponsorship
Collaboration means more than getting money! When two or more groups work together to achieve a common goal by exchanging ideas and coordinating efforts, they are truly collaborating! Therefore, ideally groups should work towards collaboration.
Four steps for collaboration:
- Do research.
- What groups have a similar mission or purpose?
- Or what groups would have a mutual interest in an event?
Meet & communicate.
- Everyone must understand the value and their role in the collaboration process.
- Agree on types of involvement, funding, time lines and expectations.
- Build trust; keep your promises and meet deadlines.
- Have conversations about visions and current topics.
- Continue dialogue. Realizing what each group has in common is not always an easy process. Debate may occur and people may have settled on ideas prematurely.
- Agree on a topic or event to collaborate upon.
Co-Sponsorship: Strictly Money
There are a few funding sources on campus (also known as Discretionary Funding) where you all you need to do is submit an application in order to request funds, they include: