Rhodes Equipment Rental
Providing student groups various quality services!
Special Equipment Items
The following are items that SGA student groups/clubs are able to utilize for FREE at their events. In order to reserve these items complete the Rhodes Rental Form two weeks before your event. Know that these systems are not available for technical rehearsals or for reservations over 5 consecutive hours.
The following are items that SGA student groups/clubs are able to utilize for FREE at their events. Two weeks before your event reserve any of the items below.
- Staging Essentials
- Pipe & Drape - Take center stage! Make any room bring the command of attention to the "stage" with a black curtain system.
- Rope and Twinkle Lights - Make your event look good with red, green, blue, white and multi-colored lights.
- Crafts & Novelties
- Popcorn Machine - Let them eat popcorn! Groups are responsible for purchasing kernels, oil and bags/bowls for utensils. Before returning the machine, the group is responsible for cleaning the machine - failure to do so will result in a club charge.
- Tie Dye Kit - It's psychedelic! Groups are able to use this tie dye kit which contains multiple colors, buckets for the dye, rubber bands, gloves for hands, a tarp for the floor and plastic bags to put the finished products in. Groups are responsible for purchasing their own materials to tye dye. See manual.
- Button Maker - Make your own buttons! This semi-automatic, tabletop machine makes producing the ever-popular 2 1/4" buttons easier than ever. The assembly rings are built in, so all you need to do is add your design (use this template) and the button parts. SAIL will provide you with enough supplies for 50 buttons free of charge. Additional supplies can be purchased for you with advanced notice. See manual.
- Specialty and Outdoor Games
- Bean Bag Toss - A great American past time that has been around for centuries. Object of the game is to toss the bags so they land on the board or in the hole.
- Giant Jenga - The oversized version of this classic game has the same rules as the original but designed for more interactive play as the wooden stack of blocks stand at a daunting 4′ tall and reach higher altitudes during game play.
- Large Connect 4 - A fun twist with this whimsical game set which includes oversized plastic pieces that all add up to big fun. The first player to get four in a row of the same color wins.
- Giant Badminton - Turn your game up a notch! Oversized rackets and shuttlecock make for easy-going play.
- Frisbee - Nothing says college like a frisbee. After all, it was hungry college students from New England who discovered that empty pie tins could be tossed and caught, providing endless hours of game and sport.
- Board Games
- Bananagrams - An anagram puzzle built for speed — think of Scrabble with no board or complicated scoring.
- Black Heritage Trivia - A great way to introduce the history, cultural experiences, and major contributions make by African Americans from 1619 till today.
- Cranium - The "whole-brain" game is a party game that borrows from a host of other popular party games of recent times.
- Gay & Lesbian Knowledge Cards - Test your knowledge of the significant events of the lesbian-gay-bisexual-transgender civil rights movement and those individuals who have inspired its development or were leaders of the vanguard
- Jigsaw Puzzles (multiple) - A variety of puzzles to challenge yourself or as a team to create a picture perfect image.
- Taboo - It's the game of unspeakable fun. Get your teammates to say the phrase on the card without using any of the taboo words.
- Truth be Told - A revealing new laugh-out-loud, pretend to know your friends party game!
- Ungame - In today's fast paced lifestyle, the Ungame creates the perfect setting to bring back simple communication into our lives, strengthening the bonds in all of our relationships. This non-competitive game can be a great ice-breaker or a serious exchange of thoughts, feelings and ideas.