Students Abroad in the Fall Semester:
We will assign you to housing based on space available. Know that the demand for popular housing (in particular single rooms) often exceeds what we have available.
- The Office of Residential Life will contact you during the fall semester to request your housing preferences
- Preferences will be normally due in by the end of November and assignments will be given in January
- Please know that all assignments are made randomly within each class and we do the best possible to take into account your preferences
Students Abroad in the Spring Semester:
Being away from campus in the Spring, means that you will not be present for Room Selection.
- Keep informed by checking the Room Selection page (the page is updated early in the Spring semester for the upcoming year's process)
- Because you will not be able to attend room selection must identify a Proxy (a person you identify to act on your behalf)
- You are responsible for communicating to your Proxy all necessary information including your preferences, deadlines, and your room selection date, time and location (aka your lottery number).
- Please Note: You must ensure that your account is free from any holds. You (or your proxy) will not be able to assign you to a room if you have a hold on your account.