Off Campus Expectations
By submitting application to be released from the On-Campus Housing Requirement the student understands and agrees to abide by the following expectations and conditions. Violations of this contract may result in revocation of the campus housing waiver.
Waiver of Campus Housing Requirement
- The student acknowledges that Wheaton College provides no endorsement of the conditions of property not owned or operated by Wheaton College. The student further acknowledges that Wheaton College does not endorse or recommend any property not owned or operated by Wheaton College
- The student acknowledges that on-campus housing is available and that the choice to live off-campus is made voluntarily
- The student acknowledges that a current off-campus address must be provided to Wheaton College. Failure to provide the off-campus address or keep it current will constitute grounds for revocation of the housing waiver.
- The student acknowledges that all expectations set forth by the Honor Code apply to students residing in property not owned or operated by Wheaton College.
- The student agrees to abide by all applicable local, state, and federal ordinances and laws governing conduct in the surrounding community. Failure to do so may result in revocation of the campus housing waiver and a return to campus. (For example: a response from the Norton Police Department to the house; complaints from neighbors.)
- The student and his/her housemates are encouraged to interact in a positive manner with their neighbors at least once a semester, e.g., help rake an elderly person’s lawn or take out the trash, host a neighbor for lunch or dinner, etc.
- The student acknowledges that participation in the Wheaton College meal plan program when off campus is voluntary. Meal plan charges will be removed unless you inform Residential Life you wish to remain on the plan.