Living Off Campus
Wheaton College is a residential community, but each year students can apply to have their housing requirement waived thereby be given permission to live off-campus. Waivers are granted for a full academic year only. To be considered for approval you must fit these criteria:
- You must have senior standing in the year intended to live off campus or be over 23 years of age by the beginning of the academic year
- You must be in good academic standing
- You must be in good social standing
- You must have read and understand Wheaton's conditions and expectations stated in the Off-Campus Living Agreement
How to Apply
Before signing a lease, you must be granted permission to live off-campus. Applications for 2013-14 are available here.
- A limited number of students are allowed to live off campus each year based on our anticipated occupancy. Once that threshold has been reached subsequent applications will be placed on a wait-list.
- Students granted approval to live off campus will not be able to take part in the room selection process.
- Individuals who have not been granted approval are expected to live on campus and will be charged room and board for the academic year regardless of any other arrangements or agreements that you have made.
Commuting From Home
Living at your parent or guardian's residence is a different process. For more information, please contact Ed Burnett.