Groups looking to Re-Apply for a Theme House will be required to complete a Re-Application Form that includes Personal Statements, an Evaluation of the houses current Community Involvement Plan (written by the current president), and a new Community Involvement Plan for the upcoming academic year (written by the future president). The application is due by 4pm on February 22nd and can be downloaded here.
The second phase of the Re-Application process is an interview with the current and future president. The interviews will be conducted by a representative from Residential Life and a representative from SGA. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of February 25th.
As in past years, we ask that all houses have a Faculty/Staff Advisor. That individual will be required to submit an Advisor Recommendation, due March 15th.
By March 1st, houses will be offered to qualifying groups. The acceptance of the house and a full roster will be due to Residential Life on March 22nd.
Groups not offered a house may apply and be considered with the new applicants.
Basic expectations for a House president:
• Ensuring the House’s Community Involvement Plan is executed
• Hold regular house meetings at least twice per month in which all members are present
• Provide house members with timely and appropriate information regarding Residential Life processes (i.e. break closings, emergency procedures, work orders, etc.)
• Notify Residential Life of and student issues or concerns in the house
• Conduct periodic Health & Safety checks and report issues to Residential Life
• Act as primary contact person for Residential Life in filling vacancies within the house
• Coordinate program budgeting for house. Meet with SGA Student Banker as necessary for funding information and to process monetary requests
• Submit program reports to the Office of Residential Life
• Maintain communication and foster collaboration among the other Theme Houses
• Attend (or send representation) to all House President’s meetings scheduled throughout the year