Students Abroad in the Fall Semester:
We will assign you to housing based on space available. Know that the demand for popular housing (in particular single rooms) often exceeds what we have available.
- The Office of Residential Life will contact you during the fall semester to request your housing preferences
- Preferences will be normally due in by the end of November and assignments will be given in January
- Please know that all assignments are made randomly within each class and we do the best possible to take into account your preferences
Students Abroad in the Spring Semester:
Being away from campus in the Spring, means that you will not be present for Room Selection. Anyone who will not be able to attend room selection must identify a Proxy.
- Before you go, make sure you have filled out and given the Office of Residential Life your proxy form.
- Collect any special housing applications you wish to have so you can submit them to Residential Life by the specified deadline.
- Ensure there are no holds on your student account (commonly financial, disciplinary, or academic)
- Double check with your proxy that she/he is set to select your room. Also, this person needs to check your lottery number.
- If you have applied for a special housing option, please contact Residential Life for your application status.